Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hi Everyone,  I got really bored waiting to go on vacation.  I started a new house project, made all out of wood.  See the pictures down below.  I started it like a stick frame house, and it even has wiring running through all the 2x4 frames.  I decided I wanted to build a very old house that is falling apart and abandoned.  I will eventually figure out how to leave a lot of the interior walls to were you can see the 2x4s and sheet rock falling off the walls, and hopefully old left behind furniture.  I just wanted to hurry and get you all some pictures posted before I leave on vacation tomorrow.  I hope you enjoy!  I cant wait to come back from vacation to finish this house, it has been really fun and a learning experience to try to make the paint look old.







This is like 5 coats of paint and sanding. 



                                    





















Digging through my craft closets to find extra wood pieces to build the house with. 

This will eventually be the kitchen, I want to have some exposed water pipes and plumbing. 







9 comments:

  1. It looks great. I like how you "aged" the paint. The interior shots look like they are taken in real house with the wiring. Have fun on vacation. Looking forward to seeing your progress when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is SO Awesome!!! I LOVE the realism of the framing and the wiring!!!! Something we rarely do in the mini kit world! I am Very Impressed with the amount of work you must have put into this!!! Can't wait to see more.... but TRY to enjoy your Vacation! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That is unreal! The framing and wiring is just as a real house would be! I am sure a lot of time has gone into this, but you are amazing even how quickly you have done this much detail! Enjoy your vacation, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing, thanks so much for showing the steps involved, it must have taken you ages to put it all together. Did you work from a plan or just make it up as you went along? Either way I am very impressed and in love with the final build.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww but it's such a pretty house :( but I do admit it's going to be fun watching you turn it into an abandoned property

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great little house, I love the way you have constructed it! Congratulations on a very fine piece of work!

    regards
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful house; I love that you framed it.
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Très belle construction , hâte de voir la suite !

    ReplyDelete