Sunday, August 12, 2012



Finally completed my newest house.  It was a very interesting learning curve on trying to make it look like a very old house that no one has lived in, in many years.  I hope you all like what I have completed.  I spent all day Sunday making lots of the mini Boxes and the trash throughout the house.  I searched on-line and found miniature boxes that i downloaded and printed and cut out to make.  It was a lot of fun spending the day watching movies while i made alot of boxes. 
In my imagination, a very poor family walking in the woods stumble across this old home in the middle of nowhere.  The house is abandoned and the family enter the home and turn on the lights.  They search the home and discover that no one has lived here in over 50 years by the newspapers on the floor.  They decide to call it home and are getting ready to clean it up and live out in the forest happily ever after.  ( I try ed to get the inside of the home to look like it was covered in moss, same as the outside of the house.  I also wanted to make alot of trash laying around like a window was open and blew it around, or maybe a raccoon or wild animal was making a mess inside. And all the humidity in the forest cause all the moss throughout the home )   I hope you like what I completed.  I am getting excited to think of a new Home to Build soon!!!!  Have  a Wonderful Week Everyone!!


































This picture sort of reminds me of my Great Grandmas Barn that I saw once when I was a small kid and she had passed away and we were going through it to find stuff we would like to keep. 












One of my favorite boxes I made this yesterday was the tooth paste box on the floor of the bathroom.  It was really small.















I loved making all the trash for the floors.



I also really liked this Chanel Box of perfume I made.



The couches took me many hours to try to make look old.  They started out baby blue, and then I spent and hour cutting and scratching and painting to look old and well used. 












Again I had lots of fun making the boxes on the kitchen floor. 






























This is one of my favorite pictures of the sheet rock falling off the ceiling in the dining room.



7 comments:

  1. I love love love it!!!!! I know that it takes ages to make something look old and worn, and in this case neglected for many years, so I can really appreciate all the work that's gone into this. Great job on the falling off ceiling and walls!! And top marks on the sofa too, impossible to guess that it's ever been baby blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great !! impossibly dirty and derelict and a great achievement. I love this house.
    Rosana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very talented crafter. I am good at breaking things not making them:) I'm a new follower from deserted Rome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness it looks like an episode of Hoarders but the Hoarder died before they cleaned up the mess. I'd throw up my hands and torch the place.


    Good Job though

    Love
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Stan,
    Fantastic job. You really succeeded inc reating the abandoned house look. It looks perfectly filthy! THe way you've aged both house and accessories is very realisitic. I'm very impressed by your amazing work. Just phenomenal.
    All the best,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Fascinating Project this one has been!! You have made a very convincing abandoned house! I admire your attention to the details! The wrecked interior must have taken quite a bit of "destroying" things! This is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what my actual house looks like. Uncanny resemblance:) It's amazing!! I love following you! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete